While these “IBD School” YouTube videos have been around for several years, I only became aware of them in the past few months. I think they are good patient education resources.
Here are some links to a few of them:
- IBD School 809: Inheriting IBD Peter Higgins/University of Michigan
- IBD School 206: What Causes Flares? Peter Higgins/University of Michigan
- IBD School 101: Introduction to the IBD Basics Peter Higgins/University of Michigan. After a 30 sec U of M promo, this video “aims to educate IBD patients, their friends, and families of people with IBD about Crohn’s Disease and ulcerative colitis. “
There are a lot of these videos including the following:
- What is Crohn’s disease?
- What is Ulcerative Colitis?
- What causes IBD?
- Surgical Options for Ulcerative Colitis
My take: these videos are generally ~4 minutes and a good way to get a lot of information on IBD pretty quickly.