On a daily basis, it is clear that there should be a more thoughtful way to spend health care dollars so that what is purchased has more value. The graph below illustrates that older and disabled adults utilize more health care dollars (in Medicaid) and as a result are likely to be the initial focus of cost-saving strategies.
Related blog posts:
- Implementing High Value Care
- Drug Waste Costing Billions. Pharmaceutical Companies Benefit
- Deriving Measures of High Value Pediatric Care | gutsandgrowth
- More Cents in Value-Added Care | gutsandgrowth
- How to Undermine Value Care: Lessons from Pharmaceuticals