A recent study examines the market share and costs of biologic therapies for inflammatory bowel disease:
- Market share and costs of biologic therapies for inflammatory bowel disease in the USA H Yu et al Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2017;.
Excerpt from abstract:
The vast majority of costs allocated to out-patient IBD medications in the USA is attributed to increasing use of biologic therapies despite the relative minority of biologic-taking patients.
My take: Biologic therapies are costly but also very effective.
Related Blog Posts:
- Infliximab Infusions without Premedication
- My First Take: It is Hard to Save $$$ at a Rolls-Royce Dealership
- What physicians can learn from fast–food restaurants and …
- Why U.S. Consumers Pay More For Medications …
- Don’t miss the gorilla! | gutsandgrowth